International Haiku Festival in Ghent, Belgium 13th to 19th September 2010 Zilvervisje glimt Langs ’t onzeekre watervlak En hapt er een ster August Vermeylen (1927) silver fry flicker along the shifting waters and snaffle a star Trans. David Cobb (2010) The festival haiku by Vermeylen is one of the oldest haiku written in Dutch but also a natural choice given that Ghent is a city of rivers and waterways that weave through and around its gothic buildings and cobbled streets. And the theme of water was more intimately introduced to the delegation of assembled haiku poets after dinner on Monday and Tuesday evenings with candle-lit ‘ginko’ in hand-made and man powered, long-oared, wooden boats. With blankets over our knees and notebooks in hand we were steered silently along the dark water, under low stone bridges, with the lights and stepped gable roofs of the city above us. someone singing from an open window the boat drifts Lynne Rees ...
Wow, this is loaded. No suprises I hope!
ReplyDeleteIt has been a real pleasure to visit and read your small stones, I am glad I discovered you in the river!
ReplyDeleteI am continuing to share my captured moments and you are on my blogroll now so I look forward to continuing to visit and share your moments with you.
Susannah x
nice one; provocative
ReplyDeletemuch love...
This speaks volumes.
ReplyDeleteA very provocative poem that says so much...
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed splashing in the river this month. Your stones are about your time with your guests have been lovely. I particularly like this last one. Families no where the fault lines are. Hopefully nobody was too shaken up. I also enjoyed your video about 30 day challenges - just wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for all the comments on my last stone of the month. It was lovely meeting you all and I know we'll keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteThe 31 days of the July River is over but I'm still keeping up with my 30 days of a daily swim.
It seems that doing something for a month has the capacity to break and make habits.